Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 20

Day 20
 
Today I am thankful for little 5-year old children.
I always said that I would like to be a stay at home mom.
Well...that's not really in the cards for me.
Being at school with 22 little people is the next best thing. 
Even though I'm not their momma,
I get cuddles, snuggles, hugs, and lovies.
I get an occasional kiss on the cheek.
I get lots of notes and pictures.
I get invited to LOTS of birthday parties and dinners.
The little trinkets and tokens of love are so special and thoughtful.
Every morning we have announcements.
We hear about our behavior phrase of the day,
 say the Pledge of Allegiance and the Bulldog Code of Conduct,
 hear about birthdays and special accomplishments, etc.
At the end of our announcement time, our counselor always ends with
"Have a great day, Bulldogs!"
THIS CLASS...being the sweet little people they are...always replies with ,"We will."
It melts my heart and brings a smile to my face every. single. time.
There are times when someone just out out nowhere says, "Thank you Mrs. Schmidt."
When I ask why I am being thanked, the responses have been so sweet. 
 For example, once it was "because you told us good job." 
 Another time it was "because you let us stay outside a little longer."
They are thankful for the little things.  I love that.
  Isn't that what it's all about?
I've taught the same things year after year as far as behavior and manners are concerned.
I don't know why this group has taken it a step further, but they have.
I'm really proud of them.
These little people make me want to be a better person.
I want to be MORE appreciative of the things I have,
 the people around me,
and of the little things for which I've always thought I was thankful.
 
I am a very lucky teacher to be able to teach children to read, write, spell, add, and subtract.
I'm lucky to be able to teach them about being a member of a little community.
I'm lucky to have the opportunity to watch them grow and learn and succeed.
I'm SO lucky to be able to see them struggle and then understand and then celebrate together!
I'm lucky that it just wasn't in the cards for me to be a stay at home momma.
 
Thankfulness is Delicious!!!!
 
"Everyone is trying to accomplish something BIG,
 not realizing that life is made up of little things."
-Frank A. Clark
 
Frank is on to something here....
It is all about the little things.
Happy Wednesday my friends.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!