Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

I wish I had taken pictures of the process to make foods for the festivities.  I usually take desserts to gatherings.  I am better at dessert. I enjoy baking.  Cooking is fun, too...don't get me wrong.  Dessert...it's fabulous.  It's something to look forward to.  It is sweet and relaxing.  (I think I just gained 10 pounds thinking about dessert)

Anyhow...yesterday was no different really.  I baked chocolate cupcakes and put chocolate ganache on top.  (messy for an outdoor shindig!!!)  IN ADDITION to the cupcakes, though, I stuffed Poblano Peppers with a yummy filling and we grilled them.  I also whipped up a batch of "fire crackers." 

So...here's how the peppers went.  I cut the tops off the peppers and pulled out the seeds and veins.  Then I sauteed onion and garlic.  I added onion/garlic to a block of cream cheese and sprinkled paprika with it.  Next I tossed in a good handful of grated cheddar cheese.   I stirred it altogether and added a little more cheese and a little garlic powder.  Then I used a tiny baby spoon to fill the peppers with the cheese mixture.  We grilled these babies over charcoal until they were melty but still crunchy.  Oh.   My.   Goodness!!!!!  Love!

The Fire Crackers were easy!  I started with a gallon ziploc bag and cumped in 1 cup of canola oil, 1 packet of Ranch dressing mix, 3 Tbs Red Pepper Flakes and 1 box of Club Crackers.  Turn the bag to coat all the crackers.  Allow them to sit and absorb the oil and yumminess.  That's it!  Store them in an air tight container...or in our case...just put them in a bowl and they'll be gone in no time. 

Here are a few pictures from our delicious day!


Me with our awesome kids

Paper medallion that I made....forgot that the trees had been trimmed and there were no low branches from which to hang them!  Grrrr...  OH well.  We ended up hanging them from Tiki Torches. 



My amazing Captain America with his grandmothers
We were so happy that they both joined the celebration!


That's part of the crowd.


My kids with cousins.
This was a tough picture to get. 


Pyromaniacs.  That's all I can say.


Much more beautiful in person.  Promise!





That's it. 
Another 4th of July has come and gone. 
School supplies are out at Wal-Mart. 
Sigh. 
 The downward spiral to the new schoolyear has begun.
Hoping to make every day count. 
I have a lot of projects to do. 
 But that list is worthy of its own post. 
Take time to enjoy the deliciousness my friends! 
Love and Hugs.






1 comment:

  1. Looks like a GREAT day!! Your family is beautiful but I need to see pictures of that food....YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!