Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Sunday, March 9, 2014

In like a Lion

The month of March certainly came in "like a Lion!"
The entire winter has been bitterly cold and snow-filled.
March 2nd brought another winter storm warning
Complete with freezing rain, sleet, and snow.
At one point it was raining Sonic ice.
Needless to say, we had another snow day.
It was our 11th for this year.
I made our traditional snow day muffins.

 
We built a toasty fire in the fireplace.

 
We had a movie marathon that went on and on and on.
We baked a special dinner complete with homemade bread.

We hope it was our last snow day of the year.  
This makes our last day of school May 30.
I know that many of my friends and coworkers 
complain about snow days.
I know that snow days are also an inconvenience 
to those who work outside the education field.
I wish that everyone had the opportunity 
to stay at home with their kids, 
spending time together 
and just enjoying each other's company.
If they were able to do that, they would understand
My childlike excitement for snow days.

Snow days...even in March...are so delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!