Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Sunday, February 9, 2014

100th Day of School

"Time flies when you're having fun!"
I've heard it said a million times.
It's NO JOKE!
 
I am back in Kindergarten this year.
I have 21 littles who keep me on my toes.
Tomorrow will be our 100th Day of school.
They are dressing as 100 year old people.
I have planned several station activities such as
counting to 100 by 1's, 5's and 10's,
making 100 tally marks,
stacking 100 cups,
reading 100 words,
writing 100 words,
reading 100th Day stories,
making a 100th Day crown,
and eating a 100 - piece snack.
 
My favorite thing, though, is
a writing activity that includes a picture of them as Old People.
I bought an 'Aging Booth' app.
I took each child's picture and put it in the app.
The aged picture has wrinkles on the forehead,
crows feet at the eyes,
sagging eyes and
droopy skin. 
They are HILARIOUS!
They laughed and laughed as they watched the transformations.
I am excited to send the pictures home to the parents.
It's not every day you get to see what you will look like as an old person.
 
The 100th Day.
I still can't believe it's already here. 
Only 74 to go???
 
There's so much to do.
So much to teach.
So much fun to be had.
 
Kindergarten.....
it truly is delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!