Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Sunday, January 15, 2012

Saturday Morning Coffee

     There is something special about Saturday morning coffee.  It is more enjoyable partially due to the fact that it is slowly sipped rather than gulped down in the morning rush.  Even more enjoyable because of the phone call visit with my Granny on Saturday mornings.  Yes, she recently had a stroke.  Yes, she was released from the hospital after quite a week of recouperation.  I called her anyway!  I did not call as early as I normally do.  I gave her more time to sleep in and rest.  (MUCH needed rest!) 
     I am in awe of her progress since  Sunday when I last saw her.  Now her speech was not perfect.  There were still a few words here and there that I did not get, BUT....we had a Saturday morning conversation on the telephone one week following a stroke that landed her in ICU for 4 days.  I am proud of her beyond words.  She is one tough cookie!  I am so thankful for the opportunity to continue our Saturday morning visits.  She is 80 years old.  She talks of giving me recipes before she dies.  (I hate it when she says things like that.)  I can't imagine my Saturday mornings without her.  I will finish by reminding myself that Saturday's coffee, by far, was the best coffee I've had in a long time.  I am eager for next weekend for yet another perfect cup shared with my Granny.  I am sure it will just as delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!