Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Sunday, May 27, 2012

Rummage Sale

We had our rummage sale for the season this weekend!  Yahoo!!!  We got rid of a lot of stuff.  We made enough money to consider it "worth our time."  I officially got my first sunburn of the season.  (face, neck shoulders, arms, and tops of legs)   I will look freakish when we go to the pool now.  Wonderful....just what one needs....to be self conscious AND have freaky tan lines when heading to the pool!

Needless to say, I was exhausted at the end of the second day of rummage organizing!  I DID have fun playing with a little 5 year old while his parents shopped around.  He found a flying penguin in our box of stuffed animals.  I showed him how to use it, and he was SOLD on it.  Once it landed, it made penguin sounds.  It was a Super find for a rummage sale, if I do say so myself.  Well, before long, he was getting pretty good at aiming it.  I put a laundry basked out and told him if he could hit the basket, he could HAVE the penguin for FREE!!!  I konw...big deal since it was only a quarter to begin with.  Haha!!

To finish the story...he hit the basket on the second try and we all jumped and cheered for him.  The whole group began to applaud, whoop and holler!  (We may have been dehydrated, sun-baked, and VERY sleep deprived by this time...I'm not sure.) 

Anyhow, this whole little episode sparked the idea for our next rummage sale.  We decided to set up carnival games and snow cone machines in the yard for the kids and the sale items in the driveway for the adults.  Can't you just see it???  Banners, streamers, balloons, and games set up in the front yard.  I think it would be a hit!  Sounds like a winner to me.  Ahhhh....maybe by next May I'll have a better head about me, but right now, I don't want to think about another rummage sale until then.  It was delicious, but SOOOOO exhausting.

(And I wish I had taken a picture of that sweet boy with the penguin.  You would understand the whole carnival thing if you could see his face!  He was so excited.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!