Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Thursday, April 5, 2012

Holy Week

The Holy Week.... one of many weeks that we remember, focus on, read about, and even celebrate.  Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday...they are all in this one week.  There is such a gruesome, scary, yet beautiful story behind this whole entire week. 

The events that led up to Jesus' death on the cross leave me sad, ill, angry,  hurt, joyful, and thankful....all at once.  I cry as I read about Jesus praying in the Garden.  I can't imagine the hurt and the betrayal he must have felt.  I feel the love he had for his disciples as he offers them communion at the Last Supper.  I feel the pain deep in my stomach when I think of Mary watching her son be treated so badly and then watching as life was taken away from him.

I feel tears warming my face when I read about the women embalming Jesus body and laying him in the borrowed tomb only to come back and find that He is no longer there.  The heartache....and fear....and  disbelief all at once.

I feel overwhelming joy that He is risen.  He has overcome.  He is victorious.

I am so thankful that God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit loves ME.
I am thankful that my sins are washed away with the blood of Jesus.
What a blessing. 
What a beautiful love He has for me! 
What an amazing love to sacrifice such a beautiful and perfect life for my broken one...

I could keep going, but I will end with this....

John 3:16. 

It was my favorite verse growing up. 
It was always a verse that reminded me that God LOVED ME. 
When I felt aweful and that the world was terrible and nothing was right....I went to John 3:16....always. 
It was and continues to be my go-to verse to help me remember God's love. 

Seriously....John 3:16 friends.
God's Love IS delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!