Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Let the fun begin!

Halloween is such a fun time.  I get all nestalgic every year!  It's crazy, I know.  I love dressing up for the day.  I enjoy the party in my classroom.  But most of all.....

I.  LOVE.  Trick-Or-Treating!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Every year we go to the same neighborhood.  Together. The kids dress up and we follow them through the neighborhood.  I love it!!!  It reminds me of the street where I grew up.  The streets are lined with different styles of homes.  Each yard is FULL of big old trees.  The streets are lined with colorful or dried up leaves...depending on the year.  I love hearing the kids yelling "Trick-or Treat!" and the "Thank you"s that follow. The damp smell of fall and wet leaves takes me back.  The sounds of the kids laughing and the many people crunching through the leaves make me smile.  

Halloween has always been a fun day.  Mr. enjoys the night as much as I do.  Maybe some day we will live in that neighborhood...or one very similar so that we can stay home for the fun.  Once our kids are grown, I hope that they enjoy the day as much as we do.  I hope that they have fond memories of it like we do, too.  Halloween is just a night that we spend together...laughing, sharing candy, eating pizza or soup for dinner (thanks Grandma!), and being a family.  THAT is delicious.  Family time.  It doesn't get better than that! 

Be safe out there tomorrow night, friends!  Enjoy the Trick-or Treating with your kids.  Take a moment to breathe it all in.  The night is full of deliciousness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!