Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Monday, October 22, 2012

Family filled weekends...

 

Earlier this month we celebrated the union of marriage with family in Kansas City.  We stayed on the Plaza, witnessed the union in a beautiful church on Ward Parkway, and then enjoyed FOOD, dancing and family at the Madrid Theatre on Main.  It was a beautiful wedding.  I'm so happy that we were able to spend the day together.  We laughed, ate M&M's until they were gone, ate yummy food, danced together, and laughed some more!  It was a DELICIOUS day!  Congratulations to the happy couple!!

I can't believe how tall he is...thankful that I had on high heels.

Our baby girl is getting so big. 

I'm so lucky to be married to this guy! 
What a sweetheart!



After the wedding celebrations, we celebrated my Daddy's birthday by taking our money donation to the Wound and Care Clinic that cared so well for him before his passing.  The gift began with what we would have spent on his birthday gifts and the same type of donation from family and friends.  A few weeks ago we gave $2200.  Our total for the past 4 years is $10,500.   The contributions are used for patients in the clinic who cannot afford their treatments. 

When they have to tap into the funds, they tell about my daddy. ...his kind heart, his ornery smile, his prank jokes, and his joy.  They tell about the 3 of us that he left behind and how we give a gift in honor of him for his birthday.

Each year,  the girls tell us of anonymous lives that are touched by the donations.  I cannot take away the hurt of losing my daddy to a battle with cancer, but I can lessen the hurt by helping others in his honor.  Just seeing them (the hospital staff) each year for his birthday is a healing day for me.  It is bittersweet, but still healing.  I'm happy that something so delicious as giving to others has come from something so heart breaking. 

My family
(Love)



I will always savor the delicious 30 years we had with him.  He chose to be with the 3 of us.  That's a story for another day though.  Today, I'm so thankful for having him as ours.  What a blessing!  ...and what a blessing it is to serve others in his honor.  His name lives on in the contribution to the clinic.  THAT, my friends, is delicious. 

Now...go hug your family.  You don't know what tomorrow will bring.  Really.  Go.  You can thank me later.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!