Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Sunday, October 18, 2015

First Quarter Down

So, I remember the first day of school in August.
I remember how exciting it was at our house.
Everyone had the new shoes, new outfits, new chrome books.
Cars were washed and pencil bags were stuffed.
It was a morning of firsts and lasts.
It was Courtney's first day of High School.
It was Corbin's last first day of High School.
It was my first day to have two students in High School.
HIGH SCHOOL???
I just don't know why time has gone so fast.
We blinked, and they grew up.

This was Corbin on his first day of Freshman Year. 
(He did not want me to take a picture....I did it anyway.)

This was the two of them walking into school his Sophomore year and her 7th Grade year.
He walked her in every single morning.  
She has NO idea how lucky she is.



So, that brings me to these pictures.
Freshman and Senior Year.
I'm a very, very lucky momma to have these two as my kids.


 So grown up!


 Tolerating a silly picture with mom.


 I know...just one more, please.

Then we all went to school.  I did very, very well until...
 I got to the office and saw our secretary, who also has a senior kid. 
 I started to sniffle.  
Within minutes, there were my kids!
They needed $50 for Chrome Book Insurance.
Yes, I said $50.
That killed the tears.  

 The Librarian snapped this picture for us before they left.
I love those always-asking-for-money kids!!

Last one.  We promise!!!

Anyhow, the first quarter is behind us.  
Each of them has been B.U.S.Y. with fall sports.
Corbin's soccer team just won Conference Championship game. 
They have a few more games to go before Districts begin.  
This coming Thursday will be Sr. Night, 
where we have the opportunity to honor the Senior players 
for their hard work and dedication to the team.

 #14, Corbin Schmidt!



That guy seriously kept pulling on Corbin to keep him away from the ball.
Grrr.


2015 Conference Champs!!

Courtney has played volleyball this fall.
It's been a fun season.
She has played well and had fun hitting the ball and blocking.
Her team did a great job and worked hard throughout the season.

Celebrating a point!


More celebrating!


Jump high, sweet pea!


That is a BLOCK!


Nice!


This weekend I have spent time in front of the computer.
More hours than I anticipated.
I looked at Senior pictures with the proverbial fine tooth comb.
I've studied each one...his smile, his eyes, his hair, his shirt collars.
I've looked at how grown up and handsome he is.
I've looked into those beautiful eyes and seen the kindness.
I'm very proud of the young mad he has become.

We've filled out college applications and Senior visit day registration forms.
The year is passing quickly already.
Stick with me if I don't post very often.
I'm busy enjoying every single minute of his last High School year.
I don't know what his future holds.
I know that for a while longer, he's still "mine."
I'm going to sit back, watch him do his thing, fix his favorite dinners, 
and enjoy every single minute.

Today is also the 8th anniversary of saying goodbye to my Daddy for the last time.
We buried him on Oct. 18, 2007.
The kids were 6 and 9 years old.  


This is the last picture we took before his passing.
I miss him every single day.
On days like this, though, I truly wish he were here.
I'd love to hear him giggle one more time.
I'd love to get a big bear hug one more time.
I'd love for him to tease the kids.
I know he is looking down from Heaven.
I know he is proud of them and their accomplishments.
It would be so special if he were here, though, cheering them on from the stands.


Pictures have become my new past time.
Sorting and saving them.
Moving them from one computer file to another ...just because.
Studying their little faces and watching how they've changed throughout the years is a hobby.
I've always noticed, but now I get it.
ENJOY the messy house, the peanut butter and jelly all over the table, 
and reading stories in the rocking chair.
All too soon, the chair isn't big enough, the story isn't long enough, 
and the messes are not as big.
The hands of time will have spun out of control, and the baby days will be gone.

It's not that these days are less fun.
They are fabulous!
I LOVE my kids and who they are becoming.
I enjoy spending time with them...visiting with them...talking with them.
I just miss the days of little people around our house.
We blinked. 
That's how fast it happened.

I'll be back during Christmas vacation, unless I just can't wait to share.
Imagine how much I'll have to share by then!!!

Hang on, friends.
Parenthood is Delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!