Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Friday, July 31, 2015

My Babies are not Babies Anymore

So, it's been a few months since I've been on this blog.
I haven't had time to sit down to type .
I haven't even had time to think about a topic worthy of writing.
This morning, I'm sitting in the quiet kitchen with my warm cup of coffee.
It is so quiet that I can hear the lights clicking as they warm up.
The sun is coming up, and there's a nice little breeze outside.
What a beautiful morning!!
So, here I sit, in the quiet by myself.
Ahhh...time to think!  Time to reflect!  Time for God, and time for me.
I thought I'd post about our January - July activities. 
If I don't do it now, I'll forget!
Grab some coffee, tea, or a slurpy...whatever floats your boat, and enjoy a few memories with me.

January and February were full of volleyball tournaments.
Courtney's team played each weekend in different towns,
learning a little bit and gaining skills with each set. 
There were really terrific moments and a few disappointing ones, too.
It's so great to see her learning more about the game.
It's even better to see her gaining confidence through her accomplishments.
She has overcome some big things since she started playing ball.
We've noticed that since she started running track she has a new confidence. 


She has a new love, and it. is. TRACK. 
She loves sprinting.
She has good running form, and we are amazed and surprised every time we watch her race.
We love that she has finally found something to love in addition to volleyball.



During track season Corbin pole vaulted this spring.
We were really excited when he vaulted at his first meet and cleared his personal record. 
It's tough to get your body flying high into the air after seasons away  from it.
He worked hard at practice, went out of town several times to an indoor facility to vault,
and qualified to go to the District meet with his team. 
He finished the season with improvement and consistent vaults.
His coach and parents were super proud!!!
This summer he vaulted at an AAU meet,
and he qualified to participate in the Jr. Olypics at Virginia Beach. 
He won't compete in it due to the start of soccer season beginning,
but he was really happy to have qualified!


The month of May came and the kids concentrated on studying for finals
and finishing the school year.
They finished with flying colors.
Both worked really hard and finished with Make-Your-Momma-Proud Grades.
Corbin spent June and July taking eight hours of college classes. 
The kid was always doing homework.
It paid off. 
He is now that much closer to an associate's degree,
and he doesn't have those two classes to worry about during the regular school year.
One less thing!
Courtney spent June running between helping me in my classroom and working out for volleyball.
She was a busy and TIRED girl.
July was a whirlwind.  It always is.
We were able to spend the 4th of July with family. 
The kids participated in races and competitions throughout the day.
Both kids have also had sports camps this month.


Today is the last day of July, and in a week and a half, we will begin school.
Corbin is going to be a SENIOR!
Courtney is going to be a FRESHMAN!
Oh.  My.  Goodness.
WHERE has the time gone?


We began the Sr. Picture adventure this week. 
He is enrolled in several Dual Credit classes for the fall and spring semesters.
He's been taking them for the past year.
We visited two colleges this summer.
He enjoyed the tours.
I enjoyed going with him.
There's a lot to consider, and I'm sure he was overwhelmed.
(His mother certainly was!!!)


I want to freeze time.
I want to savor every minute.
I know that this year will go so fast.
His graduation will come and go, and we will move on.
In the meantime, I plan to be in the present, enjoying every day.
There are so many delicious moments.
My eyes are open.
My calendar is ready.
My  heart is bursting with pride.
The anticipation of the coming school year and all that comes with it is delicious.


Hoping to post more frequently so I'll remember the details. 
Happy last days of summer vacation, friends!!
Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!