Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Grandparents

Grandparents are a special group of  people.
I have very fond childhood memories with some of my grandparents.
I have only a few memories with others. 
I think that my kids are pretty fortunate to have a set of grandparents near us.
The kids are supported by them.
They are SPOILED by them.
They are taught by them.
...but most of all,
they are befriended by them.
The kids get excited about going to visit.
They are elated when we get together!
They share stories of their day, week, or current sporting event.
They talk about trips they want to take with their grandparents.
They eat the ice cream from the freezer or the cookies from the counter.
 
I think these are memories the kids will keep forever.
I know that I will forevcer be grateful for the opportunity to watch their relationships grow.
I appreciate their time together.
 
I watch them in awe,
and pray that I will be a good Grandma when it's my turn.
(in 20 years, of course)
I want to have the patience.
I want to spoil them.
I want to let them break the rules and then laugh when Momma finds out.
I want to be the cool one,
because let's face it....
 
We ALL know that
Grandparents are WAY cooler than parents!
 
Grandparents are delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!