Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Friday, July 5, 2013

18 years and Counting!




July 1, 1995
Our wedding day.
It was a beautiful 80 degrees with the bluest sky.
I was calm yet nervous.
Many family members and friends put the finishing touches on the church and reception venue.
MANY family members and friends!!
(We could not have had the day we had without their help!!)

It was a day that will live in my memory forever.
We had such a terrific day.
I still see my sweet Daddy's face as we prepared to walk down the aisle.
I couldn't say my vows any louder than a whisper because I was fighting back tears.
I loved the moment when the pastor declared us husband and wife,
And I couldn't wait to celebrate our new life together at the reception with our family and friends.

I have been looking at the pictures this week.
They make me smile for so many reasons.
First and foremost, they were taken on our wedding day!  (Duh!)
Many of our guests have passed and are in those pictures.
It is so good to see their smiling faces.
I think it's funny to show the kids the pictures.
Styles have certainly changed since our big day.
They think we lacked style.
(...we probably did.)
They enjoy making fun us.
This is probably the first of many things they'll laugh at us for.
Oh we'll, at least they are nice about it...for now.

Memories are so delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!