Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Vacation

Yahoo!  It's finally here.  I am like a kid in a candy store when it comes to Christmas vacation. 

Day one:  Sleep in.  (Check!)  Clean house.  Catch up on laundry. (again)  Make Christmas goodies! Play with my kids.
Day two:  Sleep in.  Make more Christmas goodies.  Shop for the last minute gifts.  Play with my kids.
Day three:  Sleep in.  (Notice the pattern?)  Wrap the last minute gifts. Play with my kids.

This will continue through Christmas morning.  One thing is for sure.  The kids and I will be sleeping in!  Yes!!!  It's 9:00 as I type this, and they are still in bed.  One has a cold and has studied all week for finanls.  The other is fighting the beginnings of a cold and has helped the other one study all week for the finals.  They are beat. (Can I mention how incredible it is for Thing 2 to help Thing 1 study for finals?????)

Christmas vacation gives me the excuse to stay home and hang out with the kids.  (They don't really want me to play with them....just so you know.)  They'll tolerate a board game with me once in a while, but they really love it when I play the XBox with them.  (mostly so they can laugh at how BAD I am.---and that is not "Bad" as in the cool way.)  We enjoy sleeping in and staying in our PJs until noon.  We don't go a lot of places, and there aren't a lot of expectations.  As a matter of fact, one of the only expectations is that we make the Christmas goodies and have crock pot meals cooking all day.  Yeah for crockpots!!  (That's a topic that could be a worthy of it's own post!)

I hope you get to sleep in on your next day off.  It is refreshing to be able to just sleep.  Maybe I'll go to bed early tonight and then I'll be able to get up at my normal time in the morning.  HA!  Who am I kidding????  That's the part I left out on Day 1, 2, and 3!  Staying up late is the other fun part of the vacation.  #ilovespendingtimewithmyfamily

Christmas vacation is delicious friends.  I hope you enjoy every bite of it.  Be safe if you are traveling.  Take LOTS of pictures.  Please remember how precious every day is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!