Thanks for checking in. I would love to hear from you.

Have a wonderful day my friends!




Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas Time Is Here

The calendar presented a shorter amount of time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
(Well, in my mind it did...even if it really wasn't shorter, please play along.  Thank you.)

In those short weeks, I spent most of my school days assessing kids for report cards.
The other part of the days were spent entertaining said kids and peeling them from the ceiling because Christmas is almost here!  SANTA is almost here!
It's a fabulous time of the year to be a teacher.
Exhausting, but still fabulous!

Our time in the evenings was spent with volleyball practice
 and watching the kids do
 a.  LOT.  of.  HOMEWORK.
And I DO mean a lot.

We decorated the tree and mantel the weekend before Thanksgiving. 
It's what we do.  I simply can't wait any longer.


We got out of school for the Christmas vacation on Friday!
Friday afternoon was a whirlwind of shopping with Courtney.
Friday evening we took the kids to the movies.
Saturday Cory and I shopped
 while the kids went to Grandma and Papa's house to enjoy lunch out with them.
Last night we piled Grandma and Papa into the car with us,
 and we drove through the "Way of Salvation" light display in Carthage. 
As our tradition goes, we followed the lights with an ice cream treat.


Today is the day for making Christmas cookies, candy and treats!
I've made one batch of Chex party mix and another is ready for the oven. 

These are the days that I love most about Christmas.
My shopping is nearly finished.
The kids have NO HOMEWORK!
I am excited to just see their faces and do some fun things together.

Tis the Season to be Jolly!!!
I'm on it!
Christmas is so delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Living the Dream

Living the Dream
I love Christmas Eve when the house is quiet and there is nothing left to do but wait for Santa and Christmas morning to arrive!